Thursday, May 5, 2011

Home alone

I'm visiting my parents in California this week/weekend. Being home alone during the day is reminiscent of high school; I have less stress, however more guilt about not feeling productive today. A couple friends are bunny sitting for me in the meantime, one of them sent me this very cute photo of Clydey:


I miss them even though, let's be honest, my bunnies are quite the ungrateful pair :P. Clyde is feeling back to his old self again and Bonnie's never been more determined to get into all the nooks and crannies of my room that she's not supposed to go into. I enjoy watching them on the bunny cam (have you seen it yet?) even though 90% of the time they are napping and not moving. Hmm do I need to have them exercise more? I hope they aren't bored out of their minds even though they have plenty of bunny toys and things to keep them occupied in their pen. It would be sad to think that I am keeping them from developing their full bunny-intelligence because I'm not stimulating their minds! Perhaps I should make some kind of puzzle with pellets hidden inside.

Speaking of stimulating minds, I found out today that I have utterly forgotten 90% of piano. It is a sad day when you sit down at an instrument that you once owned, perhaps not entirely mastered but relatively proficient at, and realize that you can't even identify the musical key on the page and have no control over your fingers anymore. I know I should pick it back up sometime, seeing as how I had spent 10 long years developing the only extra-curricular talent I had. Le sigh. Perhaps it was never meant to be my thing, since I had to 'brute force' it with little ingrained talent or 'feel' for piano... but I do wish someday I can fly over those keys with ease and passion through Chopin's Fantasie Impromptu.

Well, enough about me. I hope the bunnies 'miss' me and give me a warm reception when I return. Or at least run around my feet a few more times when I shake the bag of pellets.

No comments:

Post a Comment