Was woken up early like every other day of the week - by the rustling scurrying sounds of B&C in their pen. Today was our first visit to the vet, a routine checkup and nail trim. I bribed the bunnies to go into their new carrier with some cilantro and carrots , then promptly zipped them up and we were off to The Center for Avian and Exotic Medicine to see Dr. Wilson, the resident rabbit specialist. She gave Bonnie and Clyde full checkups, looking in their eyes, ears, feeling their bellies and feet. "Bonnie has a nice silhouette," she remarked, "however, Clyde... I wouldn't want him to get any fatter." Clyde may have been hogging more than his fair share of the pellets, since he's quite round around the middle. I don't want to have to put my bunny on a diet! Oh Clydey. I may just have to figure out a way to feed them separately, garrrrr. The upside was that the assistant helping out with the nail trimming said to me afterwards, "you have very well behaved rabbits!" Teehee. It made me a little proud, almost like a pseudo tiger-mom.
Here is a frazzled looking Clyde getting his toenails trimmed at the vet. (It cost $21 for a nail trim - that's more than a manicure!)
On the way home SOMEBODY had a little accident in the carrier... I won't/can't say who XP. All I know is that I had the carrier on my lap on the subway, and when I got up there was a wet spot on my leg, lol.
I tried to pick them up out of the bag to put back in the pen, but Bonnie gave me a deep scratch with her newly cut (jagged) nail. Next time I cut their nails I am going to try to emery board them a little! After a busy day at the vet, the pair just wanted to come home and "loaf up" in their favorite spot.


No comments:
Post a Comment