Thursday, March 31, 2011

new fort!



Whew, the end of March has been a whirlwind of work and celebratory gatherings, not least of which was a "bunny-warming" party where Bonnie and Clyde, didn't exactly warm up to the guests, but were at least warmly entertained by veggies, toys, and awws all around. Then their benefactor from across the country sent them this awesome cardboard maze/fort! Bonnie wasted no time trying to climb up the sloped roof so now it is roofless for their safety. Silly Bonnie.

The buns go through so much timothy hay in a week - about 2 lbs worth - and it's not exactly the most convenient thing to buy in bulk. Bunnies are supposed to be grazers by nature, and their diet should ideally consist of 75% hay to keep things moving in their digestive tract. Unfortunately I neglected to order more hay before we ran out so now I'm stuck making hay-runs in the middle of the week. I just ordered a 9 lb box of hay online... hmm I guess that is going to take up a fair bit of space so I'm going to do the first thing that comes to mind - shop for a hay hamper! Teeheehee.

No comments:

Post a Comment